This year, I will turn 25, graduate law school, pass the bar (we hope), move somewhere new, and start my first-ever big girl job (we really hope). I'll watch at least three friends get married, go back to Vegas, check Harry Potter World off my bucket list (it's a very mature list), and maybe even pay a mortgage instead of rent.
With all that said, my resolution is to be... well... resolute.
I will be purposeful in everything I do.
I will be intentional with my money and my time.
I will be firm with myself, even when I would rather unfreeze my credit cards and buy all of Target or eat an entire box of Reese's Puffs instead of spending thirty minutes at the gym.
But I do better with specifics, and I love the cheesiness of making actual resolutions, so here we go:
1. I will read one non-law book every month. I read crazy fast, so the problem here is going to be finding books. Suggestions welcome!
2. I will set, and stick to, a budget. Even if this means posting it online.
This includes freezing my credit cards.
3. I will plan my clothing purchases and intentionally choose pieces that work with what I already have.
4. I will paint my nails regularly and take my polish off before I start to look angsty/sloppy.
5. I will call a friend once a month to catch up. I'm notoriously bad at phone calls. I'm better at email/group Facebook chats. But phone calls are sometimes better.
6. I will volunteer once a month. And I will not bring any more puppies home.
7. I will find 31 fast, healthy recipes so that by the end of the year I never have to eat fast food just because I'm in hurry.
8. I will work out at least four days a week. Gympact is installed on my phone (by the end of the year, this should amount to a half-decent pair of "I did it" shoes). Lazy Sam, you're about to getcha butt kicked.
9. I will pray when I don't need anything. I haven't ever really found a church that feels like "me," but I do pray. I just tend to forget until I'm in trouble.
10. I will organize one trouble spot in my apartment every month. Sayonara junk drawer. Scary circle of hell under the bathroom sink: I'm coming for you.
11. I will find a better-than-decent thrift store. This may involve more driving than it's worth, but I think a little scouting is in order.
12. I will send birthday cards and buy Christmas presents before December 23rd. It seems like a 25-year-old thing to do.
13. I will blog my butt off. Because it's fun, and it makes me happy, and you guys are awesome. Seriously, I'm a little overwhelmed by all of your notes and emails from my last post and generally by the fact that you care enough to hang out here for a few minutes every day. Y'all are like Christmas and my birthday and the 4th of July, all rolled into one.
Before I get all sappy and start ugly crying, 30 For 30 starts this afternoon! Stay tuned for my first outfit and a list of my fellow challengers... I've seen some sneak peeks and I'm stoked. You're not gonna want to miss this.